What can we find for you?
Volunteer Your Time
Volunteer Your Time
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” – Elizabeth Andrew
Volunteers play a important role in the success of our purpose – changing family relationships in positive ways so children experiencing family separations have happier childhoods and brighter futures. Whether working directly with children in our Family Workshops, helping with fundraising at special events, participating in Board leadership or helping out in our office, your involvement is critical to our success.
Family Workshop Volunteers:
- Under the guidance of Group Leaders, volunteers help children with art activities, read books, prepare and serve snacks, and help children write their thoughts and feelings on notes that are shared with their parents
- Must be 18 years old or older, have reliable transportation, complete a background check, and provide proof of TB Test. Limited High School Student Volunteer opportunities are available.
- Volunteers commit to an average of 2 hours per week
- To learn more about becoming a volunteer, please call Beth Sondak, Program Director, at 858-521-0027
Special Event Volunteers:
- In collaboration with Staff, volunteers help with packaging silent auction and opportunity drawing baskets, assist with registration and selling opportunity drawing tickets at events, and may assist with tray passing or with other event needs
- Volunteer hours are event specific, with a minimum commitment of 2 hours
- To learn more about volunteering at special events, please call Beth Sondak, Program Director, at 858-521-0027
Board of Directors:
- The volunteer Board of Directors serves three primary roles: sets direction and future plans, engages in fundraising activities for the organization and sets policy
- The volunteer Board of Directors meets monthly and members also serve on special committees to ensure the success of the agency
- To learn more about board membership, please call Cindy Grossman, Executive Director, at 858-521-0027
- Office volunteers change lives behind the scenes by assisting with copying of program materials, organizing art activities, and sorting and coordinating program supplies
- To learn more about volunteering in our office, please call Beth Sondak, Program Director, at 858-521-0027